Our Complaints Policy
We, at Corrie Bauckham Batts Ltd (CBB), are committed to providing a high-quality Insurance Service to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our Complaints Procedure
If you have a complaint, it can be made orally or in writing and should be directed in the first instance to your usual CBB contact. Alternatively, you can address your complaint to: -
Corrie Bauckham Batts Ltd
The Loom, 14 Gowers Walk
London E1 8PY
Or by email: email@example.com
What will happen next?
Your complaint will be investigated by a member of staff of sufficient seniority who was not involved in the subject matter of the complaint.
- We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you (if relevant) to confirm or explain the details set out. Where possible, we will also fully resolve your complaint. We will let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint. You can expect to receive this letter within 5 business days of our receipt of your complaint.
- We will record your complaint in our central register and open a file for your complaint.
- We will then start to investigate your complaint. This may involve one or more of the following steps.
If appropriate we may: -
- ask the member of staff who acted for you to respond in respect of your complaint within 5 days.
- examine their response and information within your complaint file. We may then ask the member of staff for more information. This may take up to a further 5 days from receiving their reply.
- We will hope to deal with your complaint at the earliest possible opportunity and in any case, we will let you have a written response within 20 business days of receipt of the complaint.
- If, however the complaint is sufficiently complicated to warrant longer investigation or it requires review of information outstanding from a third party you will be advised accordingly.
- If a response cannot be given within 20 business days, you will be informed in writing of the reasons why we have been unable to resolve the complaint and why we need more time to do so.
- We will advise you when you can expect our final response.
If we are unable to resolve your complaint within 8 weeks, we will send you:
- A resolution; or
A holding response which:
- explains that we are still not able to make a response;
- provides reasons for the further delay and tells you when we are likely to provide a response; and
- provides details of referral rights to the Financial Ombudsman Service if you are dissatisfied with the delay.
If you are unhappy with our resolution to your complaint, you may be eligible to refer your complaint to the Ombudsman.
You may be eligible to refer a complaint to the Ombudsman if:
- you are a private policyholder
- or a natural person acting for purposes which are outside his trade, business, craft or profession or
- a micro enterprise (an enterprise that employs fewer than ten people and whose annual turnover and/or annual balance sheet total does not exceed EURO 2 million) or
- a charity which has an annual income of less than £1 million at the time the complainant refers the complaint; or
- a trustee of a trust which has a net asset value of less than £1 million at the time of the complainant refers the complaint.
Although there are time limits for referring your complaint to the Ombudsman, we will consent to the Ombudsman considering your complaint even if you refer the complaint outside the time limits.
We will include a copy of the Ombudsman’s leaflet ‘Your Complaint and the Ombudsman’ in all final resolution and 8-week response letters.
The address of the Ombudsman is:
The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS),
Tel: 0800 023 4 567
FOS Website: http://www.fos.org.uk/
Further information can be found on the Ombudsman’s website and within their leaflet ‘Your Complaint and the Ombudsman’.
If we receive a complaint which does not relate to the General Insurance Product or the General Insurance Activity related service that we have provided or should more appropriately be referred to a different Company or Organisation, we will advise you in writing within 5 business days of receipt of the complaint and, where possible, provide details of to whom the complaint should be re-directed.